Community Connections Meetings
On August 25, 2020, we held an hour-long meeting via Zoom to ask Principal Jill Ravenscraft questions ahead of the upcoming remote school year. She was joined by Assistant Principal Gary Aguilar and 5th Grade Teacher, Rachel Tautfest. Laura Gaffney, PTSA President, moderated the session.
Click on the audio link below (and you can jump to specific times in the recording if there is a particular topic of interest)
- Learning pods (0:00)
- Staff commitment to students & remote learning / Parent input and partnership (~4:05)
- Schedules (~8:25)
- Materials Distribution / School Supplies (~12:50)
- Attendance / Video access if can't attend live sessions (~14:25)
- School start date (~18:20)
- Students with IEPs (~18:58)
- Screen time / Independent Learning Time / Small Group Collaboration (~20:25)
- Testing (Assessments / Highly Capable / SBAs) (~24:50)
- Grand Ridge Enrollment (~27:50)
- District Re-evaluation of Remote and In-person learning (~30:30)
- School Supplies & Online Tools for Classes (~33:08)
- Grand Ridge school rating (~37:35)
- Homework / Workload (~40:28)
- School / District benchmarking and sharing with other schools and districts (~44:15)
- Future Community Connections/Info Sharing (~46:20)
- New Families / 1st Grade Family Connections (~49:50)
- Closing / Words of Wisdom Approaching the New Year (~52:50)
- Thursday, Aug 28 - Sept 1 - Technology & Hotspot Distribution for those who signed up during EVP
- Thursday, Aug 28 - School posts grade-level schedules
- Friday, Aug 29 after 5pm - Teacher Assignments available in Family Access
- Monday, Aug 31 9am - Meet the Teacher online, details to follow
- School Material & Supply Kit (for those who ordered in advance) Distribution - Dates & process still being finalized
Sign up to receive E-News so you never miss an update from the District or Grand Ridge!
Remote Learning Resources
Need a laptop and/or hotspot? Having troubles with your tech? Email ISD Tech Support or call 425-837-6371.
Elementary Remote Learning (tools and essential learnings)
To create and foster opportunities that enrich and support our children, school, and community.
All PTSA events are subject to COVID-19 guidelines and ISD approvals. Check back here for the latest information near the event date.