Time to Shine: 2021 Virtual Talent Show!
Grab your favorite snack and settle in for a delightful Talent Show in three acts!
Instrument Acts: https://app.vidhug.com/SJ4P0lQGd/hug (30:35)
Song & Dance Acts: https://app.vidhug.com/H1RsCl7Gu/hug (31:39)
Variety Acts: https://app.vidhug.com/H1a-JbQz_/hug (9:37)
We are proud to bring back our annual talent show. As a virtual event this year, there is even more opportunity to showcase your talent! Be creative, be bold - you can rock this virtual show Grizzlies! We will share a final compilation video with all the student performances before February Winter Break.
- Register here to indicate you will be participating in the show. Fill out the Talent Show form for each child you wish to have participate.
- There are five performance categories: Reading/Poetry, Singing, Playing an instrument, Dancing, and an Open Category (magic? comedy? be creative!).
- Performance acts are to be between one and four minutes long.
- Solo and group acts of up to 5 are eligible. **Please note that all group acts must follow current health & safety COVID guidelines**
- At least one member of any group performance must be a Grand Ridge student. For this virtual show, we are allowing others in group acts to not be Grand Ridge students. Please indicate the names of each participant on the registration form.
- Acts must follow the school code of ethics and school policy. Acts containing inappropriate words/music, dance moves or gestures will be eliminated.
- Record your performance:
- Using a cellphone or tablet to record is fine.
- At the start of your video, share your first name (no last names) and grade and then begin your performance.
- It's a good idea to listen to your recording to make sure you are happy with it, the sound is coming through, etc. Re-record it if you're not happy with the first try.
Submit your final recording by January 31, 2021.
- You will receive the upload link once your registration is confirmed.
- Stay tuned for when the Final Show will be shared!
As a reminder, this is a talent showcase, not a contest. Prizes will not be awarded.
CONSENT FOR VIDEO AND PHOTO USE
Participation in this event acknowledges that the images/videos will be share with the Grand Ridge community through our website/newsletter and may be included in the yearbook.
(The below information is not applicable to the 2021 virtual show)
For the talent show there are 25 performance slots. Performance acts are to be between one and four minutes long.
Students will be selected to perform in the Grizzlies Got Talent show by a lottery drawing if there are more than 25 acts registered.
Online registration forms must be submitted by (TBD)
Students will be notified whether or not their act will be included in the show on (TBD)
There are five performance categories and 25 spots: Reading/Poetry, Singing, Playing an instrument, Dancing, and an Open Category (magic? comedy? be creative!).
Grizzlies Got Talent is open to students currently attending Grand Ridge Elementary only.
Solo and group acts of up to 5 students are eligible.
Students may perform in only one act.
One completed Grizzlies Got Talent Registration form must be turned in. If your group is selected, each group member will need a parent to submit a registration form indicating their consent to perform.
This is a talent showcase, not a contest. Prizes will not be awarded.
Acts must follow the school code of ethics and school policy. Acts containing inappropriate words/music, dance moves or gestures will be eliminated.
All acts need to be a live performance of 1-4 minute length. No video performances previously recorded.
All acts need to be ready to perform the night of the show, costumes and music included. You will be asked to bring a USB stick with your music to the school office with a label attached including your name, and the name of the song you are performing by (TBD)
You will need to bring with you all the equipment, instruments (except piano), costumes and props that you plan to use in your performance. We can provide a minimal amount of equipment, i.e. sound system, microphone with stand, and piano where applicable.
Please know that you will be asked to stay for the whole show. We would love for the last act to still have an audience.
Parents may help the kids bring their props to the stage prior to the performance, but they cannot remain behind the curtain or on stage while kids perform.
Thank you for your help and understanding. We are looking forward to an exciting show!
Our Mission & Goals
To create and foster opportunities that enrich and support our children, school, and community.
Click here to see our goals for this year.
Sign up to receive E-News so you never miss an update from the District or Grand Ridge!
Grand Ridge Resources (Angel Program) - this program provides resources for GR students in need
All PTSA events are subject to COVID-19 guidelines and ISD approvals. Check back here for the latest information near the event date.