Thank you for all your beautiful contributions to our school's rock garden!
Hello wonderful Grizzlies! We invite you to join our amazing art project to say "Welcome from Grand Ridge" to kids from all over the world! The project will allow us to display our diversity and to welcome all who come to Grand Ridge.
On simple rocks you find outside, write the word "welcome" in your native language. Decorate the rock in a way that represents your country (colors, motifs, etc.) and bring it to Grand Ridge. You may decorate as many rocks as you wish. There will be a designated area in front of the office for you to leave your rock. Then stop by from time to time to watch our garden grow!
Project Dates: October 7-28, 2020
- Rock(s) you find outside, or you may choose to purchase from a craft or home improvement store
- Acrylic Paint
- Stencils (optional)
- Mod Podge Outdoor (optional) - the PTSA will also seal all the rocks with outdoor paint sealer after they've been dropped off to ensure your artwork lasts longer
- Tools to paint with - could be paintbrushes, Q-tips, sharpies, paint pens. Whatever you'd like!
*If you are in need of supplies, fill out this form by October 12, 2020. Small condiment cups filled with paint (red, yellow, blue, and white) along with a paintbrush will be provided to you during the October materials distribution on October 14. If you only have a 1st grader at Grand Ridge and, therefore, not picking up materials that day, we will be able to see that and will email you to determine the best way to get you these materials. You can also contact us at email@example.com.
- Pick smooth, flat rocks if possible. You can decorate any rock, but this project works better with a smooth surface to work on.
- Wash the rock(s) before painting, to remove any dirt or debris. Allow the rock to fully dry before decorating.
- Paint your design on top, using colors and/or decorative elements from your culture. Allow your rock to fully dry before moving to the next step.
- Use Sharpies or paint pens to write on your rock. We suggest writing "Welcome" in your native language. If needed, allow your rock to fully dry before moving to the next step.
- Write the name of your country on the back
- (Optional) Finish your rock with a few coats of Mod Podge Outdoor. This will help protect your artwork from the elements. The PTSA will also ensure that all rocks are sealed with outdoor paint sealer before displaying them in the rock garden.
Our Mission & Goals
To create and foster opportunities that enrich and support our children, school, and community.
Click here to see our goals for this year.
Sign up to receive E-News so you never miss an update from the District or Grand Ridge!
Grand Ridge Resources (Angel Program) - this program provides resources for GR students in need
All PTSA events are subject to COVID-19 guidelines and ISD approvals. Check back here for the latest information near the event date.